Public Works Engineering
The mission of the Engineering Division is to provide courteous, skillful, conscientious and prompt service to the citizens of Norman.
- Provides for the administration and technical review of public and private improvements within the City.
- Capital projects administration.
- Ensure floodplain management.
- Implement mechanisms for stormwater quality in the City.
- Respond to requests for information in a courteous manner.
- Manage projects efficiently and professionally
- Provide other City Departments/Divisions with prompt, quality service
- Respond to citizen complaints and regulatory agencies in a a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Design the lower cost capital improvement projects in-house, instead of using consulting engineers.
- Build and inspect construction projects in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Complete construction projects on time and within budget.
- Investigate drainage problems promptly.
- Provide technical advice to other City Departments/Divisions.
FLOOD PROTECTION FOR YOU AND YOUR PROPERTY