Welcome to Norman's Water Reclamation Facility
Steven D. Hardeman
Lonny larson/Angel Perez/Veon Richmond
Ryan Long/Ted White/Dustin Cozad
Robert Rowe/Tyler Smith
Mission: To produce environmentally safe water at the lowest cost to the Citizens of Norman.
Vision Statement: To produce a quality water product so future generation may enjoy a quality of life they deserve.
Goals: To protect aquatic life. To be good stewards of funding resources. To promote and educated the public about wastewater treatment.
Objectives: Monitor and adjust treatment processess to assure proper water quaility. Seek ways to reduce cost by understanding our needs. Conduct educational tours to communicate to our citizen how we treat wastewater. Meet all federal, state and local discharge requirement as stated in our discharge monitor permit.
Performance Indicators: ODEQ DMR Requirements, water quality results, bio-solids testing and budget.
Performance Measurement: CBOD, Total Suspended Solids, Ammonia Nitrogen, Bio-Solids,and budget performance
Award of Environmental Excellence:
- (4) Region 6 - Environmental Excellence Awards
- Oklahoma Water Pollution Control Association (OWPCA) 2011 "Large Plant of the Year"
- Oklahoma Water pollution Control Ass. 2013 "Large Wastewater Lab of the Year"
- 2007 & 2015 Water Environmental Federation Safety Award Winner.
- City of Norman 2011,13,14,15 Safety Award Winner (No injuries or accidents)
Indivdual Staff Awards:
- Mike Bates: OWPCA's 2015 "Maintenance Crew Chief of the Year"
- Angel Perez OWPCA's 2013 "Most imporved operator of the Year'
- Steven D. Hardeman: 2012 Water Environmental Federation's William D. Hatfield Award for Outstanding Professionalism and Performance.
- Ryan Bart: 2013 Water Environmental Federation's William D. Hatfield Award for Outstanding Professionalism and Performance.
- James Sterling: OWPCA's 2015 "Bio-Solids Operator of the Year".
- Ted White OWPCA's 2016 "Darcey Award" of Outstanding Plant Operator of the Year".
National Publication Profile:
- 1994-Water Environment Federation Plant Profile
- 1997-Water Environment Federation Plant Profile
- 1998-Oklahoma Water Environment Associations Plant Profile
- 2012 Treatment Plant Operator magazine (tpo) September issue Cover Story.
- 2013 Treatment Plant Operator magazine Featured Article (In My Words) May issue.
- 2014 Presented EPA hosted Webinar on the Energy Reduction Project and Norman's Green Initiatives.
Beneficial Reuse Recipients:
- University of Oklahoma's Jimmy Austin Golf Course
- Localized agricultural land owners
- City of Norman's Water Reclamation Facility
Startup Date: 1999
Service population: 92,000
Number of employees: 21
- Design - 12 MGD Annual Average and 30 MGD Wet Weather Flow.
- Average - 15 MGD Monthly Average sustained Wet Weather Flows
Annual Operation and Maintenance Budget: $ 2.0 million
Facility Type: Secondary Advance Waste Treatment (AWT) consisting of complete mixed activated sludge as the primary treatment process.
Discharge Water Quality Parameters: See Final Limits Page
Bio-monitoring Requirements: See Final Limits Page